This policy covers how ZOS treats personal information that ZOS collects and receives, including information related to Your use of the ZOS Website(s), Your current and past use of Products and Services provided by ZOS, directly or through third parties, and/or the Website and/or Application Stores authorized to carry ZOS Products and Services.
Personal information is information about You that is personally identifiable like Your name, address, email address, or phone number, location, and device information, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
ZOS may utilize information that it obtains from You to collect additional information about You from business partners or other companies and may combine information that it obtains from You with information from business partners or other companies.
This information may include, but not be limited to:
- Website Information: When You register with ZOS via one of the ZOS Websites (www.zhiing.com, www.zoscomm.com), or when You use ZOS Products and Services, You may choose to provide certain personally-identifiable information including, but not limited to Your name, email address, mobile phone number, LinkedIn account information, address, birth date, gender, cell phone service provider, places of interest to You, Your personal habits, occupation, industry, personal interests, relationship information, lifestyle information, social media interactions, and personal pictures/photographs. This policy only applies to websites owned or operated by ZOS. This policy does not apply to any other websites or to the practices of companies that ZOS does not own or control, or to people that ZOS does not employ or manage. ZOS Websites may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by ZOS. ZOS has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites. Information on such third-party websites may be obtained directly from those third-parties, possibly from their websites.
- Registration Information: When You register with ZOS and/or the ZOS Website(s), and sign in to or use our services, directly or through third party applications or services, You are not anonymous to us. For certain services, we may request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain on secure servers. ZOS collects information about Your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about Your use of Products and Services that we offer. This information may include, but is not limited to any combination of phone number, email address, UDID, and/or device MAC address. ZOS collects any attribute information that You provide that is relevant and/or required to offer ZOS Products and Services.
- Location Information: When You use ZOS Products and Services ZOS can collect location information and sensor data provided by Your device. This information may include, but is not limited to: GPS data (including, but not limited to device latitude/longitude, accuracy, heading, speed, and altitude), cell tower and Wi-Fi access point information.
- Device Information: ZOS automatically receives and records (collects) information from any device You use to view, register or download ZOS Products and Services including, but not limited to, Your cell phone, tablet, PDA computer, personal computer, browser, car, appliances and M2M devices. Such records and information may include, but not be limited to, device-specific information, such as device UDID, device phone number, Your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the web page(s) You request.
- Cookies and Website Data: ZOS may set and access cookies on Your computer. A cookie is a small data string our server that writes to Your hard drive. This data string contains Your unique user ID for our Website. This technology also allows us to customize Your experiences when You visit the ZOS Website(s). For example, we may be able to deliver content specific to Your interests, keep track of Your online ordering and alert You to new products.
ZOS may let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on Your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies may have access to ZOS' cookies.
ZOS collects non-personally identifiable information regarding Your visits to the ZOS website(s). Cookies contain a session identification number that our systems use to recall previous authentication or order information from our servers. We may also collect Your domain name, IP address, the address of the last URL You visited prior to coming to our Website, and Your browser and platform type. We may use our or a third party navigation and localization services to target advertisements and content based on where You are located. We may use our or a third party tracking service to help us analyze this information in the aggregate to evaluate the effectiveness of our site, Products and Services. In some cases, the information is collected directly by the third party and in others it is forwarded by ZOS to the third party.
A cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on Your hard drive. Your privacy is always protected. However, at any time You may choose to change Your browser settings to disable cookies if You do not want us to establish and maintain a unique website user ID for You. Please be aware that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on the ZOS Web site(s), such as ordering online. Please consult the instructions provided by Your browser provider to change Your browser settings, remove cookies or to disable cookies.
ZOS uses information for the following general purposes to: provide services that You activate or for other Products and Services, improve our services, contact You, conduct research, provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, and for sale to other clients or third parties in non-aggregated and aggregated forms (but only as set forth below).
The only way to prevent ZOS from collecting personal information about You is to not use our Website, Products, Services and/or software, directly or through our business partners and other third parties who use our Products and Services as part of their offerings. ZOS retains some historical personal information obtained through Your use of ZOS Products and Services even after their removal from Your devices. (See “Discontinuing Use of ZOS Products and Services”)
Information Sharing and Disclosure
When ZOS has Your permission (See “Your Consent” below) or under the following circumstances, ZOS may rent, sell, or share personal information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies to provide products or services You have requested, or to present targeted advertising and content for You to see.
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ZOS under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use Your personal information to help ZOS communicate with You about offers from ZOS and our marketing partners.
- ZOS reiterates that ZOS, the Website(s) and all ZOS Products and Services are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13 as users and ZOS does not intentionally collect personal information from such children. However, if a parent/guardian permits their child under age 13 to register with ZOS, to use the Website, and/or to use ZOS Products and Services, then that parent/guardian is permitting ZOS to collect and use their child's personal information in the same manner set forth herein that ZOS uses any other user's personal information.
- ZOS responds to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- ZOS believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the ZOS Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law.
- ZOS may disclose or transfer the information upon the closing of a definitive agreement under which a majority of the outstanding stock or assets of ZOS are acquired by a 3rd party.
- ZOS may display targeted advertisements and content based on Your personal information. Advertisers (including advertisement serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria, for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. However, not all advertisements and content may be appropriate for You. If You disapprove of advertisements or content targeted to You, Your only choice to prevent further such advertisements or content being shown to You is to discontinue use of the ZOS Website(s), Products and Services.
- Access to information is limited to only those employees, contractors, agents and affiliates of ZOS who have a reasonable need to access such information in the official performance of their duties.
- ZOS may disclose location information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to a legal order or comply with legal process served on ZOS; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of ZOS; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the health and safety of any persons.
ZOS does not notify its users when their personal and/or location information has been disclosed to partners or 3rd parties.
Data Retention Policy/Managing Your Information
ZOS indefinitely retains current and historical personal information and location data obtained through Your use of ZOS Products and Services. ZOS retains such information to improve its Products and Services and for ZOS Products and Services to function properly. ZOS may be required to retain certain information by law.
Confidentiality and Security
ZOS is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of Your information. ZOS provides physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect information we process and maintain. ZOS limits access to personal information about You to employees who ZOS believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to You or in order to do their jobs. ZOS has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about You. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Discontinuing Use of ZOS Products and Services
At any time You may elect not to use ZOS Products and Services and/or receive messages from us. You can stop all further collection of personal information by deleting and/or uninstalling ZOS Products and Services from all devices containing ZOS Products and Services, including, but not limited to, computers, hard drives, networks, mobile phones, tablets, appliances and M2M devices. Note: ZOS may indefinitely retain historical location data obtained through Your use of ZOS Products and Services. ZOS may retain such information to improve its Products and Services and for ZOS Products and Services to function properly. ZOS may be required to retain certain information by law.
Removing ZOS Products and Services from Your devices may prevent You from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers.
Special Note Regarding Children
ZOS believes that protecting the privacy of children on the Internet is very important. The ZOS Website, Products and Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 13, and ZOS does not intentionally collect personal information from such children. Ordering online products, services and information is limited to adults 18 or over. Children should exercise caution before providing personal information online and should discuss with an adult or guardian before doing so. ZOS also urges parents and guardians to consider using one of the low-cost programs designed to protect children while they are online.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
ZOS is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By using our Website(s), Products and Services, directly or through third parties, You consent to this transfer.
By using ZOS Products and Services You are consenting to our collection and processing of Your personal information as defined above. “Processing” means using cookies on a personal computer, tablets, mobile phones and devices or using or touching information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by ZOS pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us by writing us at the following address:
ZOS Communications, LLC
1300 Santa Barbara Street, Suite A
Santa Barbara, California 93101
Questions and Suggestions
If You have questions or suggestions You can contact ZOS via the contact information contained on our Website or at:
ZOS Communications, LLC
1300 Santa Barbara Street, Suite A
Santa Barbara, California 93101