The ZOS Geofencing Suite
What is it?
The ZOS Geofencing Suite is a cloud-hosted geofencing solution designed for carriers, aggregators and developers building context aware mobile solutions.
Geofences—virtual boundaries placed around points of interest—combined with contextual triggering capabilities are a powerful new means to automate business rules and processes for a wide range of cross-vertical enterprise needs.
What does it do?
The ZOS Geofencing Suite provides geofencing, geocoding and reverse geocoding, and contextual-triggered actions for mobile devices.
Geofences - The ZOS Geofencing Suite enables the user to create an unlimited number of geofences, defined as circles, complex polygons or shape files imported from 3rd party software. Geofences can also be bulk-loaded into the system for ease of use. This flexibility satisfies a wide range of enterprise use cases.
Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding – The Geofencing Suite provides a latitude/longitude for a physical address and vice-versa. Bundling this essential capability into the system eliminates additional complexity for carriers, aggregators, and developers deploying context aware solutions.
Triggers – Geofences by themselves are not very useful unless they can be used with triggering rules for automating processes based on the location or “context” for the device. The Geofencing Suite enables a variety of geo-contextual triggers to automate business processes.
Proximity is a unique capability that opens up the possibility of triggering in three dimensions rather than typical latitude/longitude-based marketplace offerings. For example, ZOS enables proximity triggering with Wi-Fi access points.
- Enter Area – Mobile device enters an area defined by a geofence.
- Exit Area – Mobile device exits an area defined by a geofence.
- In Area – Mobile device is in an area defined by a geofence.
- Out of Area – Mobile device is outside of an area defined by a geofence.
- Proximity to Another Device – Mobile device is in proximity to another device.
- Proximity to a Wi-Fi MAC Address – Mobile device is in proximity to a Wi-Fi access point (AP) and/or a defined Wi-Fi signal strength for a specific AP.
- Speed – Mobile device is travelling less than or greater than a certain speed.
|Geofences can be a specified signal strength of a MAC Address.
Actions – The true value of a geofencing solution is the action that occurs when a geo-contextual trigger is activated. What happens depends on the use case and the industry where it is deployed. The Geofencing Suite provides:
- Content Delivery to a triggering device or alternate device–Coupons and promotions, alerts, and other enterprise content.
- 3rd Party System Notifications and Commands - Enabling contextual awareness for external systems.
- Actions on the Triggering Device - Launching an application or a browser, or disabling texting at certain speeds.
- Scalability and Reliability – The cloud addresses the complex calculations associated with geofences and geo-triggered automation in large enterprise use cases without encumbering hardware-limited mobile devices.
- Simplified Integration – APIs and SDKs simplify integration for carriers, aggregators, and developers.
- Universal Device Support – The Geofencing Suite supports the whole universe of mobile devices and device operating systems. These include smartphones, tablets, M2M devices and sensors. ZOS is certified on Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone.
- Third Party Location – ZOS APIs and professional services allow for integration with most 3rd party sources, such as carrier networks, aggregators, and proprietary 3rd party systems.